Dear Waupun Families,
I hope this letter finds you well. Today we completed our 22nd day of distance learning. I know I speak for all of our incredible staff that we miss our students and hope they are doing well during this extended time away from school.
This email contains an opportunity to provide feedback, information on our plan for the remainder of the school year, and information related to graduation and our sports season.
We are hopeful you will take a few minutes to answer a brief survey regarding how we are doing to meet your child’s and your own needs during our time apart. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we continue to plan how to meet the needs of your children best. If you have completed the survey already, then we appreciate the time you took to share your feedback.
Your Waupun Area School District is currently planning on the following schedule for the remainder of our proposed school year. This plan is subject to change to respond to any changes at the state and local level.
- Ongoing through May - students that are in need of support will have staff continue to work with them to remove barriers
- JSHS Only - May 29, 2020, will be our last day of regular distance instruction for students - unless a student is in a dual enrollment or like course dictated by another institution.
- June 1, 2020, students that are not passing will be working with their teachers through June 5, 2020, to meet the standards set and earn a passing grade.
- June 2, 2020, will be the last day of regular instruction for our Meadow View, Rock River, and SAGES students.
- June 3, 2020, MVP, JSHS, RR, and, SAGES will collect district-owned student materials - information to follow
- June 5, 2020, JSHS will collect student materials from students who needed to continue learning after June 3rd - information to follow
- June 4 and 5 - MVP, RR, and SAGES will hold a virtual meeting with families - information to follow.
The current safer-at-home order states that schools are not to hold any activities until June 30, 2020. The JSHS is working on plans to celebrate the class of 2020 and their abbreviated year. Students overwhelmingly responded to a survey of their desire for an in-person graduation ceremony, and we concur as we wish to celebrate their accomplishment in-person with them. Please hold Sunday, July 5, 2020, as a tentative date for an in-person graduation ceremony held at the JSHS. The time is tentative as it depends on orders issued by the state, and if a limited sports season can occur. We will share information when we have finalized our plan. We would also like to offer a virtual graduation ceremony on June 7, 2020. Information will be coming regarding items needed for your child’s presentation slide, including plans for a graduation picture in their graduation attire.
JSHS Sports Season:
Athletic directors in the state are working to see if a limited season can occur for our student-athletes. There are many hurdles to overcome, but there may be an opportunity to offer some activities in July. This is a developing situation, and we will share information when and if it becomes available.
Digital Learning - a watch for:
We have been notified that when our teachers create a google hangout virtual meeting link that is shared with students the link stays active even after the scheduled time ends. Please check in on your child to ensure they are meeting only at the scheduled time. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to learn the benefits and obstacles of our technology.
We are your Waupun Area School District, and we are here for you. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you are having during our time apart. We appreciate our partnership and your help in providing these learning opportunities.