COVID-19 Information - Updated April 16, 2020
Dear Waupun Area School District Families,
Due to Order #28 all WASD Schools are closed for the remainder of the 19/20 school year.
We hope this information finds you in good health. Please reach out to your child’s school or our Covid19@waupun.k12.wi.us email address if you have any questions.
- Education Service Center: 920-324-9341
- Meadow View Primary School: 920-324-3361
- Rock River Intermediate School: 920-324-9322
- SAGES Charter School: 920-928-3136
- Waupun Area Junior/Senior High School: 920-324-5591
- Digital Learning: Our first day of digital learning is Thursday, March 19, 2020. We will continue this digital learning plan for all originally calendared school days until we receive direction from the Federal and State governments. Our goal is to advance student learning, support families with learning at home and allow our high school students to earn graduation credits as intended. You will find a summary of digital learning information on our district website under Curriculum and Instruction.
- Instructional Guidelines:
- Teachers will communicate daily learning plans for students.
- Students in grades 4K-2: 1-2 hours of instructional activities.
- Students in grades 3-5: 2-3 hours of instructional activities.
- Students in grades 6-12: 3-5 hours of instructional activities.
- Attendance: Students demonstrating that they are participating in the learning activities and completing assignments will not be marked absent during digital learning time. For families without the internet, teachers are offering emailed directions accessible on mobile devices or printed copies as appropriate.
- All materials for Waupun Area Junior/Senior High, Rock River Intermediate, and Meadow View Primary will be at the Waupun Area Junior/Senior High School.
- All materials for SAGES will be available at SAGES.
- If the opposite pick-up site is a more convenient location for you, please let your school know, and we will make the arrangement. We are here for you.
- Internet Options: The DPI Website has information on internet offers that are supporting families without internet: https://dpi.wi.gov/broadband/students-and-families State and Federal governments, in conjunction with private companies, are working to increase internet resources to help students. We are also taking steps as a district to support families. Please know that each teacher is offering digital and print communication to the best of their ability.
We appreciate the support of our wonderful students, families, and community. Please look for further communication from your student’s school for specific information related to your student.
We are here for you. We are your Waupun Area School District. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
The Waupun Area School District