Dear Waupun Area School District Families,
We hope this information finds you in good health. In this letter, you will find updates and potential clarifications to the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to our school closings and digital learning. Please know that we are doing our best to support you in this process as we learn together. Please reach out to your child’s school or our Covid19@waupun.k12.wi.us email address if you have any questions.
- School Offices: We have made the difficult decision to suspend all non-essential visits to protect the most vulnerable in our community and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our school offices will remain staffed from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM to answer the phones, receive regular deliveries, register new students, and assist with scheduled appointments and meetings. Please reach out to your school’s office to schedule a phone or digital appointment as needed.
- Education Service Center: 920-324-9341
- Meadow View Primary School: 920-324-3361
- Rock River Intermediate School: 920-324-9322
- SAGES Charter School: 920-928-3136
- Waupun Area Junior/Senior High School: 920-324-5591
- Personal Items: Governor Tony Evers and our state government have determined the anticipated return date of April 6th, 2020, is no longer feasible, and schools are now closed indefinitely. With no expected return date, any personal items remaining in our schools need to be returned to families. Each school will communicate their plan for the pick-up of any personal items in lockers that remain. This information will be sent in future communications.
- Digital Learning: Our first day of digital learning is Thursday, March 19, 2020. We will continue this digital learning plan for all originally calendared school days until we receive direction from the Federal and State governments. Our goal is to advance student learning, support families with learning at home and allow our high school students to earn graduation credits as intended. You will find a summary of digital learning information on our district website under Curriculum and Instruction.
- Instructional Guidelines:
- Teachers will communicate daily learning plans for students.
- Students in grades 4K-2: 1-2 hours of instructional activities.
- Students in grades 3-5: 2-3 hours of instructional activities.
- Students in grades 6-12: 3-5 hours of instructional activities.
- Attendance: Students demonstrating that they are participating in the learning activities and completing assignments will not be marked absent during digital learning time. For families without the internet, teachers are offering emailed directions accessible on mobile devices or printed copies as appropriate.
- Material Pick-up: As of March 30 2020, our pick up sites for printed materials will be in the vestibules of the Waupun Area Junior/Senior High School and SAGES Charter School.
- All materials for Waupun Area Junior/Senior High, Rock River Intermediate, and Meadow View Primary will be at the Waupun Area Junior/Senior High School.
- All materials for SAGES will be available at SAGES.
- If the opposite pick-up site is a more convenient location for you, please let your school know, and we will make the arrangement. We are here for you.
- Internet Options: The DPI Website has information on internet offers that are supporting families without internet: https://dpi.wi.gov/broadband/students-and-families State and Federal governments, in conjunction with private companies, are working to increase internet resources to help students. We are also taking steps as a district to support families. Please know that each teacher is offering digital and print communication to the best of their ability.
We appreciate the support of our wonderful students, families, and community. Please look for further communication from your student’s school for specific information related to your student.
We are here for you. We are your Waupun Area School District. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
The Waupun Area School District